Human Resources/Payroll Support
The web pages here provide materials to assist MSU faculty and staff with their work in the EBS HR/Payroll System including Unit Administrator, Unit Time Administrator and Manager Self Service (MSS). Click on the links in the left-hand column below to find FAQ, reference guides, quick guides, training materials and Educational Session materials. General information that is relevant to all or many aspects of the HR/Payroll system can be found in the right-hand column below.
The HR/Payroll system is accessible from the EBS Portal. Click the EBS Login button at the top of this website to log in using your MSU NetID and password.
Access to the HR/Payroll system is initiated through one or more tabs in the portal, based on your assigned Enterprise Role. The portal tabs which apply to the HR/Payroll system include:
- HR-Payroll System
- Manager Self Service
- Unit Administrator
- Unit Time Administrator
See the Overview of HR/Payroll Tabs document for more information on which tabs to use for which roles.
HR/Payroll Support Web Pages
Appointments, Hiring and Employee Status
- Performance Review
- Reports in the HR/Payroll System
- Time Management and Payroll Services
- Workflow and Workflow Modifications
Educational Session Materials
Enhancements to HR/Payroll Workflow, Inbox and Temp/On-Call Hire Form webinar
- Held January 10, 2012.
- Watch the recorded webinar here.
HR/Payroll Inbox, Process List and Reports webinar
- Held May 16, 2011.
- Watch the recorded webinar here.
The SAP GUI software must be installed on your computer to use the EBS HR/Payroll System. Find instructions and a download link on this page.
Frequently Asked Questions
View this document to read FAQ related to the EBS HR/Payroll System. Please note, this is a list of FAQ that are broad in scope of the HR/Payroll system; for more detailed FAQ please visit the respective web pages, using the links to the left.
- Forms - Approve or Disapprove
- Forms - Working with Drafts
- Leave of Absence
- Maintain Reporting Relationships - Supervisor
- Maintain Reporting Relationships - Substitute Supervisor
- Personal Value Lists
- Accessing the HR/Payroll System from Off Campus: Instructions to connect to the MSU VPN in order to access the HR/Payroll system from off campus. Note: the computer you will use must also have the SAP GUI software installed.
- Attachments Required on HR Forms: Identifies the list of required attachments and scenarios by which the attachments are required on each HR/Payroll form.
- HR/Payroll Tabs in the EBS Portal: Explains the different HR/Payroll-related tabs in the EBS Portal. One or more of these tabs will be visible to individuals based on their assigned Enterprise Role(s).
- HR/Payroll Inbox and Process List: Explains how to use the HR-Payroll Inbox and the process lists under Unit Administrator.
- Moving Positions: Template used to expedite the process of moving positions to a lower level department when a new organizational unit is created below the U1 leve.
- Printing in the HR/Payroll System: Information regarding printing reports for Unit Administrator, Unit Time Administrator and Manager Self Service.
- Search Function on HR Forms: Describes how to use search functions on HR forms including Organizational Unit ID, Job ID, Supervisor Position ID and Account (Fund) look-ups.
- Terminology Crosswalk: Shows the terms used in the HR/Payroll System and its equivalent term in the Finance System.
- Updating an Employee's Business Address and Phone Information: Explains how to change an employee's business address and phone number.