Time Management and Payroll Services
Frequently Asked Questions
View this document to read FAQ related to time management and payroll.
- Approve Time as Unit Time Administrator
- Approve Time through Manager Self-Service
- Enter Own Time using ESS
- Enter Time for an Hourly Employee using MSS
- Enter Time for a Salaried Employee using MSS
- Pay Change and Cost Redistribution Tips
- Pay Change or Cost Distribution - Handle Rejected Transaction
- Pay Period Process for Unit Time Administrator
- Redistributing Hourly Labor Costs Retroactively
- Absence and Attendance Codes: A list of the HR absence and attendance codes with descriptions of each.
- Approve Time as a Unit Time Administrator: Directions for approving employee time.
- Cost Distribution on Forms: How to complete the pay and cost distribution sections of multiple forms.
- Cost Redistribution - Hourly Employees: Directions for distributing costs for hourly employees.
- Cost Redistribution - Salaried Employees: Directions for distributing costs for salaried and CT employees
- Cost Redistribution or Pay Change - Approve: Directions for approving or rejecting transactions.
- Employee Subgroup Details: Employee types, pay and quota information and pay areas for all employee subgroups.
- Enter Time - CT (Clerical-Technical) Employee: Directions for entering time for CTs.
- Enter Time - Hourly Employee: Directions for entering time for hourly employees.
- Enter Time - Salaried Employee: Directions for entering time for salaried employees.
- Pay Change, Cost Redistribution and Related Workflow: Directions for tracking transactions.
- Pay Rate Change - CT Employee: Directions for changing pay for a CT.
- Pay Rate Change - Hourly Employee: Directions for changing pay for an hourly employee.
- Pay Rate Change - Salaried Employee: Directions for changing pay for a salaried employee.
- Personnel Subarea, Employee Subgroup and Employee Groups Combinations: A table describing combinations for personnel subarea, employee subgroup and employee group.
- Reason Codes for Change in Pay: Resource to assist you in deciding which reason code is appropriate for an employee's change in pay.
- Run Time Reports as a Unit Time Administrator: Directions for running time reports.
- Student Job Descriptions: Shows the EBS Object Code, Object Name and pay information, along with job descriptions.
- Summer Pay Approval for Faculty and Graduate Assistants: Details the summer pay overview screen, and the process to approve or reject summer pay.
- System Messages for Pay Change, Cost Redistribution: Common system messages you may receive when doing pay changes and cost redistribution, with explanations and resolutions for each.
- Work Schedule - Request New: Directions for requesting a new work schedule.
- Work Schedule Rules: Some employees may need to be moved from a default work schedule to a required schedule. This document explains these situations and lists the required schedules.
Educational Session Materials
Payroll Encumbrance Transactions System (PETS) webinar
Cost Redistribution Tips and Tricks webinar